Monday, July 26, 2010

Lessons

"Everyone should be...Quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry." (Taken from Saturday night's sermon study of James 19, 20)

Justin and I spent Saturday evening at church with Marc and Stacie and their girls.  The message was wonderful and so pertinent to our lives.  I often find myself shushing one of the girls or speaking over my husband or getting so angry about some petty little detail.  During the past few days I have been trying much harder to LISTEN - really listen to what the girls have to say and to be patient.  I'm also trying to really enjoy and BE PRESENT during my time with the girls this summer.  This means I close up the computer, turn off the TV, let the laundry sit (unfolded) in the laundry basket and PLAY.  I realize that I don't do this nearly enough and so I am really trying to make this change.  My girls are too important to be put "on hold" for a silly TV show or facebook post.  Anyhow, this is what I've been thinking about lately....

I hope that you are having a wonderful week!
Tonya

1 comment:

Geralyn said...

I distinctly remember this feeling from last year too...the working mom guilt. Now that it is almost August, (which translates to getting ready for school-mode) I start questioning if I have spent enough time with my boys...done enough with them...really enjoyed just being with them...finding joy in things as simple as brushing teeth in the morning.

I am totally with you, girl! Go PLAY! We are headed to the nature trails!