Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dancing Queen

I originally began this blog to share my memories of Madeleine growing up... She has just performed in her first real dance recital and I couldn't be more proud.  It was tough to hold back the tears as I watched my "big girl" dance her little heart out on the stage.  She may not have gotten every step, and she may have yelled out, "Hi Daddy!" as the curtain opened, but to me, her performance was nothing short of perfection.  It's one of those bittersweet moments because I realize that she is no longer a baby, not even a toddler anymore...she is growing up before my eyes...and while it is a beautiful thing to watch, it's also hard.  Here are a few photos from today!


Ella all dressed up for her sister's recital, Maddie admiring her reflection                       
 
Maddie after the recital
 
Quinny slept through most of the LOUD performances, Ella in the car on the way home
 
Our attempt at a family photo

No comments: